Minot: Gateway to the Bakken
Between large-scale petroleum activities, NGL (natural gas liquids) feedstock opportunities, and wind power- Minot is an advantageous location for businesses in the energy industry. Known as the Gateway to the Bakken, Minot is home to
worldwide petroleum businesses such as Hess
, Baker Hughes
and many more.
Located in the Bakken, many servicing companies and high-profile professionals make Minot their home. Minot offers an excellent quality of life for those in the petroleum industry, as well as their families.
Why should your business expand to Minot?
The Industrial Park of Minot
offers competitive advantages unique to the whole Midwest.
- Largest distribution project serving the energy-rich Bakken region
- Uniquely positioned at the intersection of 2 Class 1 railroads (BNSF & CP)
- Zoned heavy industrial (improved zoning district in 2017 to better accommodate industrial projects)
- Rail and non-rail served sites available
- City services available including water, sewer, electric, and gas
- Convenient access to 3 U.S. Hwys (Hwy 2, Hwy 52, Hwy 83)
- Largest distribution hub between Chicago and Seattle
- Strategic partnerships to maximize your success, partners include BNSF, City of Minot, Ward County, State of North Dakota, and the NDSU Research Extension Center.
For more information about North Dakota’s energy industry, visit the North Dakota Department of Commerce
, North Dakota’s Oil & Gas Economy
, and the North Dakota Petroleum Council