WHY MINOT IS RIGHT FOR YOU
- Mid-sized city with a fast-growing, diverse economy
- Gateway to the energy-rich Bakken region
- Top-ranking producer of 15 ag commodities
- Home to the largest distribution hub between Chicago and Seattle
- City-served industrial park with rail and non-rail served property available
- Educated, skilled workforce including retired Air Force personnel
- Home to the Minot Air Force Base
- Awarded the ND Event of the Year for the North Dakota State Fair (ND Travel & Tourism Conference, 2016)
- Awarded the International Tourism Award for the Norsk Hostfest (ND Travel & Tourism Conference, 2016)
RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS.
RIGHT FOR YOUR FAMILY.
- Best State for Business (24/7 Wall Street, 2017)
- #1 Best Run State (24/7 Wall Street, 2016)
- #1 Best State to Raise a Family (Business Insider, 2017)
- Industry-specific incentives available
- Tax credits, sales tax exemptions, access to development funds
- Highest job growth amongst all states of 28.6% (Bureau of Economic Analysis, 2015)
- The most accessible airspace in the U.S.
- North Dakota ranks #2 in the nation in state competitiveness (Beacon Hill Competitiveness Index, released July 2016)
- Nation’s #1 top growth performer since 2000 (U.S. Chamber of Commerce, 2014)
- #4 Best State for Retirement (Kiplinger, 2018)